[Novalug] Moving from Gnome to KDE in Fedora 20

Dan Arico dan_arico@aricosystems.com
Mon Jun 16 10:21:48 EDT 2014

On Mon, 16 Jun 2014 02:21:09 -0400
James Ewing Cottrell III <JECottrell3@Comcast.NET> wrote:

> I don't think many people have "requirements" for a GUI; they just
> try what's available and are either turned on or off for reasons that
> are often idiomatic and arbitrary.

One thing I'd really like for any GUI is a user manual. I like puzzles,
but spending a week tracking down all the tweaks when what I really
want is to get some work done is not my idea of fun.

I recall the endless frustration I went through several versions ago in
KDE trying to turn off the screen blanker. That's not to pick on KDE.
Gnome has similar frustrations.

I stick with KDE now because I've found how to set what I need. Going
to Gnome would mean a whole new learning curve.

Dan Arico

One OS to bring them all, and in the Darkness bind them,
In the land of Redmond, where the Sales Reps lie.