[Novalug] secure storage

Mark Smith mark@winksmith.com
Wed Jun 11 23:59:11 EDT 2014

hmm... that's a good idea, but i don't like it that i have to manually
do something, like periodically pull a disk and i really want offsite
storage (in case my machine breaks or is stolen).

i'd be tempted to create a volume with snapshot capability and nightly,
snap and rsync a copy to spideroak.  meanwhile, just export on my local
lan.  that solves some problems, but if a crook steals my machine they
still get my unencrypted information.

I wonder if there's some integrated openmediavault plugin for that.
I guess there's always the "meat" problem... someone has to put in a
password during a NAS boot.  that coupled with a snapshot rsync to
spideroak cloud storage might solve everything.

--
Hei konā mai
Mark Smith