[Novalug] RHEL 7

Walt Smith waltechmail@yahoo.com
Wed Jun 11 12:33:00 EDT 2014

I'm really happy to see several posts that
say what the distro WAS and what it is NOW
WRT particular changes.  2 Good examples !!

I wish it was institutionalized.
Specially for some of us that wait thru several
releases before looking into updating.

    "Jared Smith" <jaredsmith@jaredsmith.net>
Cc:
    "Novalug" <novalug@calypso.tux.org>

>> 'service $daemon restart' is going away,
>
> Not really going away, just getting transitioned/redirected to use systemd.  The systemd equivalent is "systemctl restart $daemon.service", where tab completion really comes in handy.  You should be able to continue to use the "service $daemon restart" syntax, and it'll redirect to the systemctl command.

I'm glad for the service $daemon restart alias.  it takes a long time to reprogram muscle memory.

----
The government is lawless, not the people.