[Novalug] mate-screensaver won't go away

Beartooth beartooth@Beartooth.Info
Sun Jul 20 11:58:33 EDT 2014

On Sat, 19 Jul 2014, Jon LaBadie wrote:

> For now I've just moved mate-screensaver aside and put a
> do-nothing script in its place.  That will work until the next
> mate-screensaver update.  :)
>

>> 	Do you like the mate desktop otherwise?
>
> I was fine with Gnome-2.  I did not like the changes in Gnome-3
> to accomodate mobile platforms.  I also did not see a way to
> work the way I'd grown accustomed; a bunch of workspaces
> dedicated to specific activities and switchable with a mouse
> wheel tilt. Mate lets me continue working that way.

 	There seem to be quite a few of us lingering in the
wings, watching for a canonical fork to arise from the ashes of
Gnome2. Xfce4 is getting me by, but I should try Mate when I get
a lull...

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Not Quite Clueless Power User
Remember I know little (precious little!) of where up is.