[Novalug] mate-screensaver won't go away

Jon LaBadie novalugml@jgcomp.com
Fri Jul 18 15:02:28 EDT 2014

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 02:38:44PM -0400, John Franklin wrote:
> Is the problem that you can't activate the screensaver or that you can't restore the desktop once it has activated?

Haven't tried to go back to mate-screensaver in a while, but it would
not activate, or at least stay activated.  So I run Xscreensaver and
it works fine ... if mate-screensaver is NOT in the process list.

When both are present, mate-screensaver still does not work and
Xscreensaver generates a ton of error messages (can't grep keyboard)
and doesn't activate either.

I'm trying to figure out how to stop mate-screensaver from ever
running, but something keeps restarting the mate-screensaver process.

jl