[Novalug] flags DNS servers

Jon LaBadie novalugml@jgcomp.com
Mon Jul 14 19:02:52 EDT 2014

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 06:46:43PM -0400, Gary Knott wrote:
> Dear Peter,  what do you mean "flags" a spam DNS server?
>
> Do you mean calypso is sending out emails to a
> address at a domain that is know to be a spammer's domain,
> and that some router or mail transfer agent is looking at
> the to: address and deciding Calypso is a spammer?

In the case that I looked into, spamcop.net, spamcop maintains
a number of email accounts that should never receive email.
Calypso was sending mail to one or more of those email addresses.

The violation was repeated, as spamcop removed calypso from their
blacklist 4 times over an 10 day period and again received email
at their target addresses.

Jon
--
Jon H. LaBadie                  novalugml@jgcomp.com
 11226 South Shore Rd		(703) 787-0688 (H)