[Novalug] Moving list

Mon Jul 14 09:57:51 EDT 2014

Greetings Greg.

I actually assisted with a dns issue a few years ago, on tux.org, and I wanted to be on the working group to support the servers, however, I couldn't make it to the planning meetings.

I am living in Richmond, however, I work in NoVA most of the time, so while on this current project, I would be able to make meetings.

If you would like to share some further details as to the cause of the spam issues, I would like to assist, if possible.

I have built out facilities that could host sites, at HackRVA however, given that the atmosphere has migrated* focus from a "Hack" to a "Maker" space, the rack and equipment is deammed irrelevant, and will be moved into its own facility in the next few months.

I know that people don't want to migrate from a commercial carrier of hosting services, such as RackSpace, to my single rack, however, the information is provided to grant a bit of context into my inquiry.

I am happy to help, in the decision making process, and design of any architecture/infrastructure, going forward.

However, this inquiry is really more of a shot-in-the-dark sort of thing, since I am unfamiliar with what your organizational structure is, and what is required.

Also, I haven't really gotten a good understanding of the current spam relay issue, from looking at the email thread starting on the 11th of July.

I saw your "history" post, however, I am still unclear as to the true issues which are causing such strife in your architecture.

Respectfully,

Martes G Wigglesworth

*( i.e. migration from having interest in computational projects, such as the systems and network infrastructure that I worked to get setup, that don't necessarily appear in Maker magazine, to just doing "Geeky" things that are palpable to the masses under the new "Makers" monoquer)