[Novalug] Moving list

William Sutton william@trilug.org
Fri Jul 11 16:33:34 EDT 2014

the last thing I saw from gandi.net was corporate fishing email to see if
a stupid user would click on a link and enter his username+password (and
then remind him that doing so was foolish in the extreme)...

William Sutton

On Fri, 11 Jul 2014, Bonnie Dalzell wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Jul 2014, greg pryzby wrote:
>
>> IP I believe
>>
>> I have a few offers for people on the list to host. Let me think about it.
>>
>> Thanks everyone!
>>

> doing a whois on tux.org I came up with 5 name servers:
>
> Name Server:PUCK.NETHER.NET
> Name Server:NS.ELFIE.ORG
> Name Server:NS6.GANDI.NET
> Name Server:CIRCE.TUX.ORG
> Name Server:CALYPSO.TUX.ORG
>
> are the first 3 part of your setup?
>
> The contact addresses for them are in Michigan, Colorado and France
> respectively.
>
> Maybe if you removed them and only had
> the tux.org servers as the servers the problem would go away.
>

>> On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 3:48 PM, John Franklin <franklin@elfie.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Is the IP, the hostname calypso or the domain tux.org tainted?
>>>
>>> jf
>>>
>>> On Jul 11, 2014, at 3:29 PM, greg pryzby <greg@pryzby.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> I know a number of people will NOT get this because of mailing list server
>>> marked as a spammer. We are working the issue as best we can, but I am not
>>> hopeful that it will be solved as I soon as I would like.
>>>
>>> IF someone has an idea for a free mailing list provider, let me know.
>>>
>>> 1) Google Groups if it still exists
>>> 2) Yahooo groups if it still exists
>>> 3) I will check w/ my domain company