[Novalug] NoMoRobo - I'm in doghouse

Dave Aronson tux.2.TRex@codosaur.us
Tue Jan 28 08:57:54 EST 2014

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 7:44 AM, Roy Wilson <roywilson1963@gmail.com> wrote:

>   I sometimes miss the old dialup BBS days.  When I got a telemarketer
> back then, I'd just click an icon (OS/2) and they would get to hear the
> lovely voice of a modem singing to them....  :)

And there were spammers un-savvy enough to include a toll-free
number... which, as a Fidonet BBS sysop, I added to my copy of the
nodelist (the Fidonet "phone book") and sent a netmail (a Fidonet
email) to.  It would therefore dial it every once in a while, fail to
find a modem on the other end, and hang up.

-Dave

--
Dave Aronson, the T. Rex of Codosaurus LLC (codosaur.us),
freelance software developer, and creator of these sites: