[Novalug] Some sites my FireFox not work but Google Chrome does

Bonnie Dalzell bdalzell@qis.net
Sun Jan 26 17:27:32 EST 2014

Have any of you had this experience

I am using Xubuntu with the Linux 3.2.0-58 kernel, Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS.

A number of sites that have forms in them - specifically Amazon and
then today the SocialSecurity.gov web site used to generate the
W2/W3 reports/forms for my business will not work with Firefox but will
work with Google Chrome (this is a install of Google Chrome, not the
Chromium Web Browser installed via Synaptic). Of course I am not sure
what the difference between "Chromium" and "Google Chrome" is either.

When accessed by FireFox, the social security site gave an error that I
was not authorized to use the site despite my having entered the login and
password and having successfully moved to the next page after the login
page . When I opened Google Chrome browser I had no problems (of a
computer based nature) doing the entire task.

When I try to do Amazon from Firefox I am told I have to set up the
browser to save cookies. I have set the browser to save cookies.

Rather than spend hours trying to figure out what is wrong with my FireFox
install I just installed Google Chrome. Not very geekette to take the
easy way out.

                        Bonnie Dalzell, MA
mail:PO box 9767 Baldwin, MD, USA 21013  |  EMAIL:bdalzell@qis.net
shipping address:5100 Hydes Rd 21082 (Hydes Post Office closed Jan 2012)
Freelance anatomist, vertebrate paleontologist, writer, illustrator, dog
HOME www.batw.net    ART bdalzellart.batw.net  BUSINESS www.boardingatwedge.com