[Novalug] OS Installs - the Bad (Win$) and the Good (Linux)

Roger W. Broseus rogerb@bronord.com
Mon Jan 20 21:18:51 EST 2014

It goes without saying but I gotta.

I installed Win-7 on a newly built PC -- DON'T ASK WHY -- let's just say that
it was a labor of love. It took many, many hours spread over several days . .
. difficulty with validating Win, numerous and voluminous downloads and
re-boots, etc.

The old PC was terminally ill, characterized by XP blue screens of death.
Since XP won't be supported after April, I gave up on it. It became a "new" PC
for the kids of friends with a brand spanking new install of Xubuntu.

Of course the Ubuntu install took a couple of hours, including downloads of a
couple of items that are not "stock."

Sigh. Preaching to the choir, I remain, /Roger

Roger W. Broseus - Linux User
     Email: RogerB@bronord.com
     Web Site: www.bronord.com