[Novalug] Libre office Suite question

Justin Robert Swain justin.swain@gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 09:45:59 EST 2014

Charlie,

Not all installs on individual machines are alike, If someone other than
you did the OS install they may have selected their preference of what to
install. Your initial message did not provide enough information that the
reader would have a more complete picture of what you may have tried prior
to writing the list. Perhaps one's experience and knowledge of Linux/Unix
systems administration is less that some on the list. An opening statement
on one's level of experience with Linux and the particular distribution
would reduce the flames of discontent by more experienced users.

IMPROVED Presentation of your Question: "I recently I changed from my old
OS and apps to use Office Libre and Lowriter on Linux. When I go to the
command level and input "man officelibre" or "man libreoffice" or "man
lowriter" - no manual pages show. If they exist, how do I get manuals for
these two apps using the command "man <string>?"

Bob, the Linux neophyte

Hope this comment is found helpful,
Justin Swain, a user interface writer specializing in customer services

On Sunday, January 19, 2014, pereira <ninorpereira@gmail.com> wrote:

> Charlie,
>
> did you get gedit to work? If so, you should announce that
> to the mailing list, and thank everyone for their help.
>
> I just tried 'man libreoffice', and got a lot of stuff.
> Can't you just do the same before you ask?
>
> Nino
>
> On 01/18/2014 10:21 PM, cmhowe@patriot.net <javascript:;> wrote:
> > List,
> >
> > It is nice to be able to say man gedit and man vim and get what I get. Is
> > there anything comparable for the Libre Office suite? Lowriter?
> >
> > Charlie

Justin R. Swain
Freelance Videographer, Multi-media Producer-Director,
Member of  ArlingtonMedia.org, DCTV.org, *WIFV.org <http://WIFV.org> and*
TIVAdc.org
[Sent from main system - Dupont Circle WASHDC]