[Novalug] OT: A Friday Blooper

Roger W. Broseus rogerb@bronord.com
Fri Jan 17 17:12:13 EST 2014

Attempting to setup a PC from scratch, I found myself in an infinite loop at
boot: no matter what settings that I fiddled with in the BIOS settings, I
could not get the darn thing to boot from CD/DVD.

After multiple attempts, the problem was found to be related to orientation of
the CD/DVD player: it's mounted so that the disk holder is oriented
vertically, leading to my confusion about orientation of the DVD when inserted
in the holder: it had been upside down and, therefore, unreadable.

Parenthetically, I'm capable of much more stupid errors. Hope you all got a
chuckle out of this. I'm still laughing at myself.

Roger W. Broseus - Linux User
     Email: RogerB@bronord.com
     Web Site: www.bronord.com