[Novalug] Shutdown over SSH failes (was Re: looking for an error log)

Chuck Frain linux@chuckfrain.net
Fri Jan 10 17:08:29 EST 2014

When I've run into this on various machines and VMs, I've never come to a
complete 'proper' solution. I think its a race condition where the shutdown
process kills the ssh connection, then does not complete the shutdown due
to the shell being killed. What I've done to 'fix' it is to shutdown the
system from a screen session. That way when the ssh session dies, the
shutdown process can complete.