[Novalug] Meeting SATURDAY (11 Jan 2014) on Inkscape

greg pryzby greg@pryzby.org
Tue Jan 7 09:15:43 EST 2014

Feel free to bring a laptop to follow along. We will have SOME tables
setup (mostly chairs to fit more people) and they are for people who
plan on follow Mark and do the work. PLEASE respect this decision.
Space has been tight and we want more people to be able to attend so
we are removing tables.

Raster Graphics, Vector Graphics, and Inkscape Hands On
Date:  1/11/2014 10:00am - 12:30pm
Location:
   Nova-Labs
   1881-F Metro Center Drive
   Reston, VA 20190

Abstract
Mark Metz will demonstrate the creation and editing of files in
Inkscape. He will highlight the differences between raster (bitmap)
and vector graphics and clarify which program might be more
appropriate for specific projects.  After the introduction, Mark will
lead some hands on demonstrations/tutorials that anyone should be able
to complete in Inkscape. Please, preload your computer with Inkscape
v. 0.48 to follow along. (inkscape.org “Draw Freely”)

What to bring
   Laptop with Inkscape (0.48 ideally)
   external mouse (preferred)

Bio
Mark A. Metz, Ph.D. is a scientist, writer, and illustrator/graphic
designer.  He is an open source and Linux enthusiast and spreads the
“good word” whenever he has the chance. He's been attending NOVALUG
meetings since May 2010 and is also a member of the Fredericksburg LUG
(fredlug.info).
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/mark-metz/1a/ab7/42b

--
greg pryzby                              greg at pryzby dot org
http://www.linkedin.com/in/gpryzby

TWTR: gpryzby
WEB:  http://www.MakeRoomForArt.com/
BLOG: http://www.ryqyrmedia.com/ (son's)