[Novalug] RHEL (CentOS) 6.5 issue w/ iptables?

David A. Cafaro dac@cafaro.net
Thu Feb 27 21:00:35 EST 2014

Ok, is it running stock iptables?

$ cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 6.5 (Final)

$ rpm -qa | grep iptables
iptables-1.4.7-11.el6.x86_64
iptables-ipv6-1.4.7-11.el6.x86_64

It's very possible it's not running a stock install of iptables.

grep iptables /etc/init.d/*
grep -R iptables /etc/rc*

See if you find it started by something else.  Check /etc/rc.local and
/etc/rc.sysinit

Other than that, short of crawling around in the system, not sure what
to tell you.

Cheers,
David