[Novalug] OT: Wikipedia

Varol Okan mymail@MovingSatellites.com
Mon Feb 17 13:40:56 EST 2014

Hey,

just wondering if any one here is involved with or helping Wikipedia.

I was trying to put my project up there together with all the other
similar projects and about 2 minutes after I posted the article it was
deleted and the help on "how to contest" this deletion is pretty much
non-workable ( contact the admin who deleted the article but alas no way
to get into contact with them ).

Then about an hour later I saw another message that
"This account has been blocked indefinitely from editing Wikipedia
because your username, AstraNOS, does not meet our username policy."

So I can understand that Wikipedia is working hard to keep up the
quality but I almost feel excluded from partaking in the process with my
expertise.
In order to submit information you'll have to read through a pages and
pages of guidelines, and even if you make the effort you're still likely
to be removed it seems

I guess bottom line I would not contribute to Encyclopedia Britannica,
and I will not to Wikipedia.

Varol :(