[Novalug] OT: Quest for pollution-free fusion energy takes major step

Walt Smith waltechmail@yahoo.com
Thu Feb 13 11:14:30 EST 2014

They've been on the edge of break-even for about 15 years
if you follow the news releases...  for me, same old story ..

gotta stay in the news for funding, I think ..

W............

------------------

On 02/12/2014 09:03 PM, Kevin Cole wrote:

> Since the topic of fusion came up recently:
>
> According to "Omar Hurricane"...
>
> http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/02/12/fusion-energy-gets-boost/5417503/

Well, yes, but still...

I heard Omar Hurricane's talk at the November plasma physics meeting. It was really
interesting not only because they got a little bit better control of what's going on,
but also because the talk was full of little jabs at the management of the program
(I thought) at people who wanted to run before they could walk, etc.

To go further they will probably need a laser upgrade, from 2 MJ to 4 MJ or 10 MJ.
That's big $$$$.

I wish them luck.

Nino

----
The government is lawless, not the people.