[Novalug] OT: Reston? Tysons? NoVA Office Locations...

greg pryzby greg@pryzby.org
Thu Feb 13 03:46:54 EST 2014

How important is fast connectivity?
What is the typical profile of employee (single under 30, family, married,
etc)?
How important is appearance to customers vs employees?
Will customers visit?
Do employee have to work from the office?

Herndon/Reston is a nice central location for points east and west (also
north/south to a point).

Tysons and Arlington are expensive.

Loudoun is cheap, but young single people want to live closer.

Also compensation will play into it.

Good Luck

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 5:28 PM, Josh West <jsw@one.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Myself and the company I work for -- One.com -- are new to the metro
> D.C. area and will be opening up a [systems/network] engineering office
> in the Northern Virginia area.  We're a web hosting and cloud storage
> company with headquarters in Copenhagen, serving 1.2+ million customers,
> looking to make our first venture into the U.S.
>
> We've been here all week touring offices in places from as far in to the
> city as Rosslynn/Clarendon/Ballston and out to Reston.  We don't know
> much about the best locations relative to where folks like us (those of
> us on this mailing list) prefer to work, so my question to you is where
> is that spot?  Where do you all work?  Is Reston the right place for us
> to setup?  Tysons Corner?  Or anywhere along the Metro orange line?
>
> Thanks for any feedback you may have.  We're very curious as to where
> the right spot may be!
>
> --
> Josh West
> Director of Engineering, U.S.
> One.com - http://www.one.com

greg pryzby                              greg at pryzby dot org
http://www.linkedin.com/in/gpryzby

TWTR: gpryzby
WEB:  http://www.MakeRoomForArt.com/
BLOG: http://www.ryqyrmedia.com/ (son's)