[Novalug] OT: energy options (was Re: Trying to be less obnoxious)

Bonnie Dalzell bdalzell@qis.net
Fri Feb 7 14:57:57 EST 2014

On Fri, 7 Feb 2014, Greg Bledsoe wrote:

> So how do you propose "adapting" the size of earth's population?

It has been onserved that reproductive rates decrease as people rise
from poverty to more comfortable levels of existance and also that
playign interactive digital games has a depressive effect on teen
age pregnancies (this is not a joke). So if we can move everyone into the
middle class and then satiate them with fund things to do the population
may stabize. Of course it will be at a higher number than it is
now, but the hope it that it will be low enough for long term
energy strategies, etc to allow human civilization to continue.

of course 95% of the species that have lived on the planet in the past are
extinct without descent....