[Novalug] OT: energy options (was Re: Trying to be less obnoxious)

Greg Bledsoe greg@bledsoehome.net
Fri Feb 7 11:00:00 EST 2014

Your desire to wipe out swaths of humanity based on what "might" happen
strikes me as, to put it mildly, insane.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Greg

-- If you are afraid to speak out and criticize the powers that be

You are already a slave.

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 10:48 AM, pereira <ninorpereira@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 02/07/2014 10:41 AM, Greg Bledsoe wrote:
>
> John Holdren, Obama's former science czar, had some ideas.   Assume you
> are familiar with/share them.
>
> Not specifically.
>

>  Pretty scary.   They involve things like forced abortions, world wide
> tyranny, mass but secret pregnancy vaccinations like WHO has been caught
> distributing in third world countries except distributed in the food and
> water supply, that sort of thing.
>
>  The saddest part is, new technology and discoveries will make all this
> thought obsolete.
>
> That's questionable. I wish I could have the same confidence in technology
> that oozes out of
> such a statement. Don't get me wrong: technology is wonderful in many
> ways, but it also
> brings with it problems (like, too many people now; had we remained
> hunters and gatherers
> we wouldn't be in our particular predicament (it would be much worse, to
> be sure, but different).
>
>  Personally I hope people who think like this never get the power to
> implement these sorts of mad schemes.
>
> You are right: such schemes are best implemented after everyone, or at
> least a large majority,
> concurs that something along these lines is needed toward of even worse
> disasters.
>

> Greg
>

>  -- If you are afraid to speak out and criticize the powers that be
>
>  You are already a slave.
>

> On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 10:31 AM, pereira <ninorpereira@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On 02/07/2014 10:28 AM, Greg Bledsoe wrote:
>>
>> So how do you propose "adapting" the size of earth's population?
>>
>>  Good question, with a really long answer that I won't get into right now
>> (but will at some time if you let me know you are really interested).
>>
>> Flippant reaction: "make war, don't make love".
>>
>> Nino
>>

>>   Greg
>>

>>  -- If you are afraid to speak out and criticize the powers that be
>>
>>  You are already a slave.
>>

>> On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 10:25 AM, pereira <ninorpereira@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>  Many of my colleagues believe in thermonuclear fusion as the ultimate
>>> power source.
>>> I no longer do, so I got out of it. IMHO the only way to deal with the
>>> energy problem
>>> in the long run (let me define: 1000 to 10,000 years, which I consider
>>> to be just
>>> about the time that homo sapiens has been more or less visible on earth)
>>> are
>>> all the forms of solar energy (hydro, wind, biomass etc. included), and
>>> then adapting
>>> the size of the human population to these ("renewable") resources.
>>>
>>> Besides enough energy we also need enough water and room to breathe,
>>> space
>>> for the animals (including worms and such). Then, we have maybe