[Novalug] OwnClould or alternative to Dropbox

Nick Danger nick@hackermonkey.com
Wed Feb 5 08:12:41 EST 2014

Anyone tried OwnCloud? I have a user asking for "Dropbox" but since we
cannot put data on external servers, this seems like a possible
solution. My question is does it do "group" sharing? I've actually never
used that in Dropbox either (I do use Dropbox for my own uses, I just
don't "share" anything in it). Its a group of users that want to share a
set of files "Without using the complicated VPN". At least I got them
thinking a little better than "a web page with a password on it."

Comments on OwnCloud or an alternative appreciated!

Nick