[Novalug] 8 February meeting

greg pryzby greg@pryzby.org
Mon Feb 3 16:57:37 EST 2014

Dr.Strangetux or How Learned Work And Operate with Linux
Meeting Info
Speaker:
 Kevin Latchford
Date:
 2/8/2014 10:00am - 12:30pm
Location:
Nova-Labs
1881-F Metro Center Drive
Reston, VA 20190
See map: Google
Maps<http://maps.google.com/?q=38.950779+-77.340441+%281881-F+Metro+Center+Drive%2C+Reston%2C+VA%2C+20190%2C+us%29>

In the space of one year, I have gone from almost all closed source
electronics to open source electronics. This presentation will be a
discussion on my experiences and experiments with Linux from my attempt to
make a Mac run on Mint to my acquisition of a new Linux-optimized PC.
Systems to be discussed will include Android, Linux Mint, Ubuntu, and many
more as well as a number of hardware platforms. The goal here is to explore
the more practical aspects of acquiring and troubleshooting an open source
system taken from the anecdotes of a graduate of the school of hard knocks.

--
greg pryzby                              greg at pryzby dot org
http://www.linkedin.com/in/gpryzby

TWTR: gpryzby
WEB:  http://www.MakeRoomForArt.com/
BLOG: http://www.ryqyrmedia.com/ (son's)