[Novalug] Eureka!

Clif Flynt CLIF@CFLYNT.COM
Sun Dec 28 13:04:21 EST 2014

Hi,
  Man pages written by techies are always more fun.

  My favorite is from the old Version 7 (maybe System 3) Unix
man page for 'dd' that read roughly:

  The command line syntax for dd is different from all other Unix
  commands and should be reworked and brought into line with the
  rest, but there are dozens of scripts using it and we don't dare
  change it.

  ISTR that there was something similar said about the ed editor
counting lines from 1 and character positions from 0.

  Clif