[Novalug] any comcast xfinity users?

Beartooth beartooth@Beartooth.Info
Sat Dec 27 13:39:35 EST 2014

On Sat, 27 Dec 2014, greg pryzby wrote:

> Wondering how much neighbors impact speed and of there is a
> guaranteed speed. Speedte.net is what I use. Seeing 60Mbs
> symmetrical with FiOS but they have really pissed me off. 4
> calls each for the 3 issues to change service. 12 people to
> fix. Ugh

 	This is a solid, moderately prosperous neighborhood, most
of whose residents work for Tech, whether as faculty or other;
I'm not acquainted with them all (even though our street is a
dead end off another dead end), and don't know whether I'm the
only retiree. Most houses probably have several computers, and a
wireless access point.

 	When we moved here, I tried to get DSL and couldn't; and
I don't have clear sky to the SW for satellite. So cable
(Comcast, formerly Adelphia) is the only way for me, and likely
for most neighbors. I haven't seen nearly so much slowness since
the update as I used to at times; but I have no sense of time,
and haven't kept logs of such things.

 	I can connect to speedte.net, but either it's mighty
lackluster today, or I'm just not using it right. (It certainly
isn't clueless-friendly.) Otoh, I tried three or four others, and
got no satisfaction there, either. You might want to look at
http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/docsis3/
(which will say more to you than me).
--
Beartooth Staffwright, Not Quite Clueless Power User
Remember I know little (precious little!) of where up is.