[Novalug] Any way to trick an old PC to boot from a DVD?

Ed James edward.james@gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 10:35:54 EST 2014

A net install from a dl-ed .iso burned/burnt onto a CD is how I managed to
do a full Ubuntu 12.04 (plus later desktop).  It was a many-step, sorta
painful experience with a few hiccups along the way.  Nice learning
process.  Fun the *first* time.  Rather not have to do it this way too many
times. :P

The idea of doing a image dd to a HD is something I've not considered, not
been aware of - will look into to.
EJ