[Novalug] very strange; very, very strange

Ed James edward.james@gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 07:44:30 EST 2014

I read the intro recommendations, but I've been stuck on an ssh issue, and
was wondering about more advanced references.  In particular, a decent FAQ
on common problems?

The issue is, given two machines, "muddy" and "nick", both with the same OS
and on the same subnet, they act differently.  Both can ping each other.
However, "muddy" can ssh to "nick" okay, but "nick" can not ssh to
"muddy".  My real issue is trying to do scp's between the two machines, but
let's focus on the ssh issue.  I'm assuming that if this is resolved, then
the scp issue will also be resolved.

​Note - "nick" has been my daily driver for quite some time.  However,
"muddy" is relatively new and might not have been set up the same way
somehow.

Ed James​