[Novalug] very strange; very, very strange

Beartooth beartooth@Beartooth.Info
Tue Dec 2 13:06:45 EST 2014

On Mon, 1 Dec 2014, Corey Sheldon via Novalug wrote:

> are you in group ROOT  ?

 	I can't find the old users&groups entry in any menu; but
I'm sure I'm not. I tried once letting anaconda make me an
administrator, and got only hassles by it.

> running on 21 RC1 atm myself but   try :
>

>                settings >> password which act it ask for pass
> on YOURs or ROOT ?  if yours you ARE set for sudo
>
> if set for sudo   run    sudo passwd   $some newpass and retry
>

> if not try throwing it into recovery shell and passwd $ some
> new pass boot normally and retry

 	Some of the above looks like gibberish here, or at least
unformatted words; the rest, dollars to doughnuts, is over my
head.

--
Beartooth Implacable, Curmudgeonly Codger Learning Linux
On the Internet, you can never tell who is a dog --