[Novalug] Novalug Digest, Vol 2, Issue 59

tgutnick@gmail.com tgutnick@gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 12:59:46 EDT 2014

Are you trying to send faxes or receive them? If just sending, you can do it
free through the web browser interface at http://faxzero.com/, no software
needing to be installed on your end.  The only constraints are maximum five
free faxes per day, maximum three pages plus cover page per fax, and the
cover page will include their advertising. I've been using this service for
the past few years on those rare occasions that somebody has actually
required me to send a fax; have had no problems or issues.

Tom Gutnick
Sunny Banana IT Consulting -- your personal technology assistant
3107 North Trinidad Street, Suite 200
Arlington, Virginia  22213
571.449.6775
tag@sunny-banana.com

> Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 07:18:44 -0400
> From: cmhowe@patriot.net
> To: novalug@firemountain.net
> Subject: [Novalug] Fax question
>
> List,
>
> It is possible to send a fax by signing up for efax.com but that means I
have to
> pay to send one. I don't have the ability to do so. I have zero control of
my
> finances. (At the moment. I have a realistic hope of changing that state
of
> affairs.)
>
> How can I get my software to act like a fax machine? I run Ubuntu 12.04
LTS.