[Novalug] Computer health

James Ewing Cottrell III JECottrell3@Comcast.NET
Mon Aug 25 21:04:42 EDT 2014

On 8/25/2014 8:48 PM, pereira via Novalug wrote:
> List,
>
> this brings up the question: how do you check the health of the
> motherboard battery?
>
> Nino

You don't have to. At 99 cents at MicroCenter, you can just replace it
every year, which is probably too often. Alternatively:

Whenever you suspect the Battery might be a problem, replace it. If
there is No Change, the Old one is Still Good. Save for an Extra. They
have other uses too, like Diabetic Test Meters and LoJack/CarKey FOBS.

However, if the New Battery works Visibly Better than the Old One, never
put the old one in a computer again.

JIM