[Novalug] Pointers recovering data from IDE HD?

Charles R. Head CharlesRHead@Netscape.Net
Fri Aug 22 17:05:21 EDT 2014

*Thor,*

Do I understand correctly that you have two separate drives that both
present this spin up, spin down behavior?  If that is so, perhaps there
is a problem with the environment you're testing them in, rather than
with the drives themselves.  I have no idea what that problem might be.

I have a relatively cheap adapter kit that will allow you to operate
either an IDE or SATA HDD outside a PC.  The rig plugs into a USB port.
With such an adapter, you could test one or both HDDs on another computer.

Are you in the D.C. area?

*Charlie Head*
812 South Quincy Street
Arlington, VA