[Novalug] upgrade problem from Ubuntu 13.04 (with Xfce) to Ubuntu 14.04

Ed James edward.james@gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 17:32:26 EDT 2014

I've adopted the practice of giving a /home dir to every project I install
or work with.  For example, my TV tuner card software gets a /home/xxx dir,
my database stuff gets a /home/xxx dir, and so on.  It really does make
life simpler (and perhaps safer).

Ed James