[Novalug] upgrade problem from Ubuntu 13.04 (with Xfce) to Ubuntu 14.04

Roger W. Broseus rogerb@bronord.com
Sun Aug 17 15:32:14 EDT 2014

Nino,

I don't know of a way to go backwards on installs other than to re-install an
older version of Ubuntu / Xubuntu. I tried Googling for "revert ubuntu 13.04
to 12.04"

One post said,

    After looking at the other posts asking this question, you best bet would
    be to partition, make sure to move /home (and all keep files) off into
    that new partition. Leave this, and reinstall over 13.04 with the LTS.
    The problems in using |aptitude| might be more of a headache than what you
    are experiencing now in 13.04.

As regards the video problem, try Googling "ubuntu 14.04 radeon hd4." One hit
says to
     apt-get install fglrx

I would not do that blindly without reading more. Good luck.

--
Roger W. Broseus - Linux User
     Email: RogerB@bronord.com