[Novalug] bash question

Michael Henry lug-user@drmikehenry.com
Tue Aug 12 07:36:16 EDT 2014

On 08/12/2014 01:45 AM, James Ewing Cottrell III via Novalug wrote:
> Then again, seems like you've never heard of declare:
>
> declare -l lowercase=$mixed_case
> declare -u uppercase=$mixed case

The switches ``-l`` and ``-u`` were unfamiliar to me; I've used
``declare -a`` when using arrays, and that's about it.  This
made me want to find all references to "lowercase" in the man
page.  Interestingly, almost all are spelled "lowercase", but
for ``declare``, it's spelled "lower-case".  Even if I'd thought
to look around for other answers, I might not have looked for
"lower-case" unless I knew I wasn't finding everything with
"lowercase".

Michael Henry