[Novalug] skype vs ekiga

Barnett Hsu bhsu@acm.org
Sun Aug 10 11:39:29 EDT 2014

On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 10:56 AM, pereira via Novalug <
novalug@firemountain.net> wrote:
> I'd like to call land lines, preferably free within the US but possibly
paid

> abroad; and, I'd like  to 'skype' to all others with skype, google hangout,
> and whichever other system people might have. Most have skype....

Third-party applications supporting Skype may become hard to find.
 According to Cerulean Studios, the company that makes Trillian for Windows
and Mac, Microsoft has terminated the SkypeKit SDK that allows third-party
applications to connect to Skype.  Response from some people seem to be
that they're going to quit using Trillian as a result.  A subset seem to
think that Cerulean Studios shouldn't give up and that they think Cerulean
Studios should reverse engineer Microsoft's code and thus connect to Skype
without Microsoft support.

The announcement from Cerulean Studios is at http://blog.trillian.im/?p=2999
.

Anybody know of any IM clients that connect to Skype without using SkypeKit?