[Novalug] Administrivia: list status, Tuesday 8/5/2014

Rich Kulawiec rsk@gsp.org
Tue Aug 5 08:29:17 EDT 2014

1. There are now 97 people subscribed to the list.  For comparison,
there are 443 on the old one.  Many of those are of course abandoned
addresses or disinterested people, but some of them are just people who
haven't signed up here yet.

2. To expedite the cutover, I'm *slowly* inviting most of the remaining
people.  I'm doing it slowly because I don't wish to trip anti-spam
measures at destination sites.  There are current 229 invites in the
queue (91 were sent already) and my best guess as to when all those
will be sent is "Friday".

At some point, which is still TBD, we'll make the cutover official.
But we're not there yet.

3. The list still has "moderate all" flag set, so expect traffic to be
intermittment.  I'm cleaning out still more "test" messages this morning
(do NOT send them) as well as some "subscribe" requests which were sent
to the list instead of to the -request address.

4. If you have a problem/question, use the -owner address. That's
why it exists and that's what it's for.  If you can't reach the -owner
address (say, because you bumped into an anti-spam rule) then follow the
instructions in the reject message and I'll punch a hole for you as soon
as possible.

---rsk