[Novalug] Replies to firemountain

Rich Kulawiec rsk@gsp.org
Wed Aug 6 06:24:43 EDT 2014

On Mon, Aug 04, 2014 at 10:27:22PM -0400, James Ewing Cottrell III wrote:
> The correct behavior is for Calypso to rewrite the old posting address
> "novalug@calypso.tux.org" to the new one "NoVaLUG@firemountain.net" and
> make the latter address the only member of the former list name.

No, that is NOT correct behavior.  Do NOT do that.

Among *other* things, firemountain.net does not accept mail from calypso
without special finagling because calypso has, and has had for years,
broken DNS/rDNS and a generic hostname.  (See earlier discussion as to
why this is a best practice.)  I've installed some temporary workarounds
for that, but I emphasize "temporary", as they will be ripped out once
the momentary need for them has passed.

---rsk