[Novalug] KeePass (or others)

John Place jplace@unixsage.com
Mon Apr 28 09:01:59 EDT 2014

Depends on your criteria. I switched from a "tiered" model several years
ago.. I weighed several options and LassPass seemd to be the most
effective and something I could get others in my family to use.  They in
my opinion "do it right".. Though a "cloud model" all the encryption
happens locally on the browser and the "blob" of data is not even
identifiable without your master password.

Since it is a browser plugin it handles logins seamlessly and also has
some other cool features that are handy for using on foreign browsers.
One time use passwords and google auth.. Also works on Android and Apple
Devices (though I think that is a premium feature). It costs a wopping
$12/yr for premium which IMHO is a bargain.. Simplified my life greatly...

If storing your creds remotely is a non-starter for you then I would use
keepass also..

Pro tip: keepassx (the 1.x version) has a android/apple version so is
easy to use on your phone...

Good luck
John