[Novalug] POP-3 occasional hang-up

Jon LaBadie novalugml@jgcomp.com
Wed Apr 16 13:31:20 EDT 2014

[ Windows question, but Linux server related :) ]

My wife Gundi's Outlook pulls her email from our mail
server using POP-3.  Occasionally things stop flowing
and I am able to "fix" the problem by deleting the
cache file ".gundi.cache" in /var/mail.  It gets
recreated the next time Outlook requests mail.

She pays me to do these things, but I may not be
around when she needs it.

I don't see any, but is there a way that Outlook can
be told to ignore/delete/recreate the cache so she
can fix the problem herself?

Jon
--
Jon H. LaBadie                  novalugml@jgcomp.com
 11226 South Shore Rd		(703) 787-0688 (H)