[Novalug] image slide-show to movie program

Mark Smith mark@winksmith.com
Mon Apr 14 00:26:13 EDT 2014

picasa makes movies from images stored on my computer?  i want to use as
an asset for a DVD.  i had always thought that picasa stores images up
on their website and allows you to view them from there.  are you sure
picasa does this?

in any case i get this:

	Picasa is not currently available for your operating system

I'm running ubuntu.

On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 11:44:54PM -0400, Alex Smith (K4RNT) wrote:
> I think Picasa is available for Linux, and it does exactly what you're
> looking for.
>
> http://picasa.google.com/
>

> " ' With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured,
> the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all
> irrevocably.' Those words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie as wisdom and
> warning... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on we’re all
> damaged." - Jean-Luc Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie, Star Trek: TNG
> episode "The Drumhead"
> - Alex Smith
> - Dulles Technology Corridor (Chantilly/Ashburn/Dulles), Virginia USA
>

> On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 10:06 PM, Mark Smith <mark@winksmith.com> wrote:
>
> > i'd like to make a movie using a bunch of images (jpg's).  i want
> > something more interesting than just showing a picture for a fixed amount
> > of time and then switching to the next one.  perhaps, sliding around,
> > or multiple frames, with some cool transition(s).
> >
> > i often use my apple for this, but apple software is getting so crashy
> > it's getting less and less useful to me.
> >
> > does anyone have some good linux based ways of doing this?
> >
> > --
> > Hei konā mai
> > Mark Smith
> > mark@winksmith.com