[Novalug] Cryptoparty tonight at GMU with a special guest from the Tor project

Samer Masterson nosefrog@gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 13:54:21 EDT 2014

Hey all,

Patriot Hackers and MasonLUG, two George Mason University student groups,
are combining our meetings today for crypto-related talks. So today's
meeting is in two parts, though it's fine if you can only attend one. We're
also honored to have Roger Dingledine, one of the founders of the Tor
project, here today.

The Tor project is the leading anonymity network, known by the NSA as "the
King of high secure, low latency Internet anonymity" with "no contenders
for the throne in waiting". Roger Dingledine will be giving a talk at mason
tomorrow on Tor and Censorship at 11 am in Research Hall, Room 163.

Part one with Patriot Hackers: From 5 to 6pm, Bryon Bacon will be talking
about cracking Wifi in HUB 1 & 2.

Part two with MasonLUG: From 7 to 9pm in Student Union 1 3A (not the jc
meeting rooms!), Ivan will be talking about the Tails distribution, and how
it relates to Tor. Then we'll mingle and sign keys til 9. Roger Dingledine
will be in attendance.

Everyone from the community is welcome, not just students. I've attached a
map with our locations circled. There are parking lots, though they have a
cost per hour. Also, there will be free pizza!

Locations: http://imgur.com/YYqNhZf

Best,
Samer