[Novalug] Lost Giants (was Re: Tridge)

William Morse wmorse@americancouncils.org
Thu Sep 26 14:52:07 EDT 2013

Jon Postel's stamp is on every e-mail...

-----Original Message-----
From: novalug-bounces@calypso.tux.org [mailto:novalug-bounces@calypso.tux.org] On Behalf Of John Franklin
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2013 2:33 PM
To: John Place
Cc: novalug@calypso.tux.org
Subject: [Novalug] Lost Giants (was Re: Tridge)

I had the same thought.  Whenever i see another internet or OSS pioneer pass away, I'm reminded of Jon Postel, who died 15 years ago this Oct 16th.  That was the first major internet player's death that I can remember.  What would it take to get him on a stamp?

jf

On Sep 26, 2013, at 2:07 PM, John Place <jplace@unixsage.com> wrote:

> wow me too.. Just did a lookup to validate was only a born date on
> Wikipedia for him :-)
>
> On 09/26/2013 02:57 AM, greg pryzby wrote:
>> I was a little freaked since these types of messages are usually when
>> someone dies or something bad happens.

John Franklin
franklin@elfie.org
ICBM: 39º 01' 58.4"N 77º 24' 49.6"W Z+84m