[Novalug] Still doesn't print

greg pryzby greg@pryzby.org
Tue Oct 29 14:24:56 EDT 2013

There are 3 states to the printer
   * On
   * Sleep/hibernate
   * off

If the printer is OFF and you send it a job. Nothing will happen. It
won't print.

If it is asleep, it might wake up and print.

If it is ON and cups is running, it will print.

TURN ON THE PRINTER
sudo service cups stop
sudo service cups start
lp /home/cmhowe/Documents/file-to-be-printed

CUPS *should* be started AFTER the printer is on.

Or that is my recommendation.

REINSTALLING won't fix your problem.

IF for some reason you think it will, remove cups and install cups
again from the software management tool.

I would actually
   remove cups and any hp printer specific software
   delete any printers that are configured
   install cups and hp specific software
   add printers
   restart cups