[Novalug] health care website hearing

Beartooth beartooth@Beartooth.Info
Thu Oct 24 13:14:47 EDT 2013

On Thu, 24 Oct 2013, Bonnie Dalzell wrote:

> I am sure some of you work for companies that do federal contracts. As I
> understand from the NPR program I heard this morning:
>
> The NPR program said that one of the problems with getting contractors to
> bid for the job is that there is a complexity for knowing how to do the
> bookkeeping for a federal bid. Knowing how to manage the details of the
> bookkeeping for the bid is in itself not industry standard, difficult and
> expensive to implement for the first time - which discourages companies
> that are not already bidding for federal contracts from trying for the
> bid.
>
> does this make sense?

 	It makes vast sense to me, though my relevance is
marginal at best. When I was making retirement decisions, I
discovered that the gdgummint was using the same *words* as the
financial community, but with different *meanings". My guess is
that a lot of other gummint work, including computer work, is
woefully likely to be the same way.

--
Beartooth Implacable, Curmudgeonly Codger Learning Linux
On the Internet, you can never tell who is a dog --