[Novalug] Was: Mutual favors Now A precise

cmhowe@patriot.net cmhowe@patriot.net
Wed Oct 23 06:25:57 EDT 2013

Rich, etc,

definition of the problem. I expect the location of the job to be printed
to be in /home/cmhowe/Documents. It isn't. People are telling me how to
use find. That's a start but it hasn't yet resulted in my discovering
where it is. And as I sit here thinking, it occurs to me that maybe I can
pipe it to where it belongs.

It is tedious to recite all the dead ends I've encountered.

Charlie,

I suggested offline that you state what your problem is.
I read what I thought was how to delete a print job. Then it seems to
have morphed to something else. The frustration I believe you are seeing
is not understanding what you want to do.

When you ask others for help
you need to help them help you. People have asked the same thing in
varying ways. State the issue as clearly as possible. Such as "I cannot
delete a print job when I am using cups. I am using Ubuntu 12.04 on a
Lenovo ThinkPad. Here is a screen shot: <insert graphic>"

Charlie,
folks here are helpful. Help us help you.

Rich

On 2013-10-22 22:49,
cmhowe@patriot.net wrote:

> List,
>
> If you'll solve my problem I'll
shut up. I see that I am alienating
> everybody. Groan. I live with the
problem. To you it is an annoyance.

> Would reinstalling 12.04 LTS be
a solution? We wouldn't know what happened
> but the problem ould go
away.

> Charlie

Links: