[Novalug] Surveillance cameras and software

Miles D. Oliver miles.d.oliver@gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 11:19:31 EDT 2013

Jon,

Raspberry Pi with a motion detecting camera, running it off the Auto
battery if you wanted to stick it in the car to try and catch a photo of
the 'perp' .

http://beforeitsnews.com/survival/2013/09/build-a-diy-motion-detecting-raspberry-pi-security-camera-system-2489228.html

If you store the photos to the SD card instead of using WIFI your power
draw would be much lower and you could probably run it overnight into the
power adapter/cigarette lighter and  probably still start the car in the
morning   ;-) .

The camera itself is very small and you could hide it in a vent and the PI
could fit someplace under the dash easily so it won't be noticed.