[Novalug] Results of browsing localhost:631

Nick Danger nick@hackermonkey.com
Sat Oct 19 08:58:09 EDT 2013

On 10/18/2013 10:27 PM, cmhowe@patriot.net wrote:
> List, starting with Kevin,
>
> Following Kevin's suggestion I browse localhost:631 with the following
> result.
>
> Queue Name Description                     Location
> printer 1  HP Laserjet Professional P1102w office
>    Make and Model
>    HP LaserJet Professional P1102w-hpcups-3.13.3,requires-propietary-plugin
>    Status
>    Paused-"Filter Failed"
>
> What do I do?

On the cups page that you are looking at, there should be buttons.
Unfortunately every distro I've used has moved buttons around, used
things other than "default". I would clear whatever job is stuck in your
queue from within that web page interface. (usually there are buttons
for "list jobs", then "clear jobs", some wording like that), then stop
and restart the printer also using the buttons on that page. It should
change status from "failed" to "waiting".