[Novalug] Was: CUPS IPP commands Now: Success

Nick Danger nick@hackermonkey.com
Tue Oct 15 09:11:17 EDT 2013

On 10/15/2013 05:02 AM, cmhowe@patriot.net wrote:
> Don and everyone else whow is following this,
>
> I made sure the queue was empty, then made sure the printer was powered
> down. Then I fetched the document I created using Lowriter. The printer
> woke up and printed it. Why does it work this time?
>
> (I thought I sent this post several hours ago.)

Proper star alignment?

As much as I think CUPS is a great system, and I love being able to get
printers for $25, I have found that as time has gone on the entire
system seems a little.. "flaky". Gone are the days of the LJ 2 and 3
that you could drop off a moving cart, plug in, and would still take
jobs from lp print queues no problem. Now printers seem so picky if you
use the wrong paper once you have to power cycle everything just to get
it to work again.

In seriousness, I don't think anyone will be able to tell you why it
worked this time. There were so many suggestions going around and not
like we would know which you did/didn't do. Just accept its working and
DONT TOUCH ANYTHING!  :-)

Nick