[Novalug] CUPS IPP commands

Gary Knott garyknott@gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 17:17:50 EDT 2013

Dear Group  (esp. Nick)

I'm thrilled to learn about localhost:631  - It provides
the missing documentation for Linux printing.

But I wasn't able to see a complete concise list
presenting of all the
command-line programs/scripts that are available
to control printing in one table.  Is there such a page in
localhost:631?  or somewhere on the web?

Moreover, I learned that here are so-called IPP (Internet
Printing Protocol) commands; these are tabulated, but no
directions about how to issue one of these commands
to CUPS.  (I have the restart command in mind, particularly.

What I really want to know is how to clean-up and restart
printing properly when I have a paper jam
or some such that sometimes even requires
me to "reboot" my old hp laserjet by powering off and on.

And when I get a paper jam, I want to first pause printing, so that
when I re-power-on, I don't get trash until I say to
restart.

I expect a nice story about this would help Charlie too.

garyknott@gmail.com (www.civilized.com)