[Novalug] No paper emerges, 11:30 am Sunday

Bonnie Dalzell bdalzell@qis.net
Sun Oct 13 15:31:32 EDT 2013

I hope this suggestion does not cause additional confusion.

Some programs can "print" a print job to a pdf formatted file and then
your pdf reading program can print them.

I have a desk top publishing program (PageStream) that does not interact
well with my linux printing interface but I can "print as pdf" to a named
file (i do it in home/bdz so I can find it) and then the pdf viewer can
send it to the printer.

first make sure your pdf viewer can print to your installed printer. Linux
pdf viewers include xpdf, "Document Viewer"= evince and others. Open a
pdf document and try printing it.

then when you are trying to print the file with the tables from the
program that generated it, when you open the window that has the print
controls look to see if there is an option "print to file".

If there is choose that option and select pdf from the Output Format
selection. The window should then offer you a box where you can enter the
file name (on my system it will have the name of the last file you printed
to file - so that needs to be changed) and a drop down menu for the folder
where you will save the file.

Then choose print.

After it is printed as a pdf

Open it with a pdf viewer such as xpdf or "Document Viewer"(=evince) and
try printing it.

                        Bonnie Dalzell, MA
mail:PO box 9767 Baldwin, MD, USA 21013  |  EMAIL:bdalzell@qis.net
shipping address:5100 Hydes Rd 21082 (Hydes Post Office closed Jan 2012)
Freelance anatomist, vertebrate paleontologist, writer, illustrator, dog
HOME www.batw.net    ART bdalzellart.batw.net  BUSINESS www.boardingatwedge.com